Jedi Academy Overview
We're looking for a few good Padawans! The Lucasfilm Singapore companies are looking for great creative talent to join our award winning teams.
We work with local schools academic calendars for the annual intake of interns and accordingly our internship program runs throughout the year. We are looking for polytechnic and junior undergraduate students to work in our Singapore studio. To be eligible, you must be a student of a local institution in Singapore and attached to an Industrial Attachment Program (IAP), Advanced Technology Attachment Program (ATAP) , Student Attachment Program (SIP) or other equivalent program. Internship positions are available in every department - Animation, Visual Effects, Administration and Information Technology. All internship positions are paid.
For more information on the next intake of interns please see http://www.lasjedi.com/internships.html
Jedi Masters Program (JuMP)
Are you looking for an opportunity to enter this industry - you have the passion, the training but just little or no experience?
The Jedi Masters Program (JuMP) is a paid apprenticeship program at Lucasfilm Singapore that offers talented individuals the chance to learn from the masters in a variety of creative disciplines - from visual effects to animation or game production. The program includes a combination of both in-class training and on-floor mentorship, giving Apprentices unique exposure to a real-world production environment. Successful applicants will receive a training stipend and benefits such as vacation & sick days, health and insurance coverage.
The Apprenticeship program is a way for Lucasfilm to find fresh talent as well as offering the individuals work experience - if successful Apprentices will be offered a full time position. Selection will be based both on Apprentice performance over the course of the training, as well as studio's hiring needs at the time of graduation.
Click here for more information.
Bay Area Internships
Currently there are no Bay Area internships available.
How To Apply
- All applicants must apply online by completing a profile here. Your application will only be reviewed if we have a completed profile for you and you have applied for a specific internship(s), with the relevant supporting documents as noted below.
- Next you will need to let us know what specific internship opportunity you are applying for this summer. To view the available opportunities, click on the "Search Jobs" above, then enter "intern" into the keywords field. A list of our current available internships will appear and you can attach your profile to the position(s) that interest you.
- Please submit a cover letter (indicate in your cover letter the dates of your availability), resume, a contact list of 3 references and an unofficial transcript (used to verify enrollment). All of these documents are required of applicants. When attaching materials to your online application, you may upload 4 documents at a time. To make this process easier we recommend compiling materials into a PDF or Word file. You may not exceed 2 MB of data.
- Applications will be reviewed in the early spring. We hope to have finalized decisions by April.
Art positions Applicants
- A completed submission release form is required for all demo reel and/or portfolio submissions. We will not review your work without a signed release form.
- All submissions must be done online. We will not accept any reels or portfolios that are submitted via postal mail.
- Please include a shot breakdown explaining what you completed on your reel and what software (if applicable) you used achieve the effects. The length of your reel should be limited to 3 minutes and consist of work that best exemplifies your abilities, starting with your most recent work. Music is not necessary.
Who is eligible to apply?/
In order to apply you MUST be either an undergraduate junior or graduate student who will return to your academic studies upon completion of the internship. The internship is NOT open to recent graduates.
What if I am a recent graduate?
Since this internship is not open to recent graduates, we encourage you to apply for our full-time positions that are listed at jobs.lucasfilm.com.
What if I am an international student can I apply for an internship?
If you are eligible to work in the U.S., we will consider your application.
How long is the internship?
Internships last between 12-16 weeks depending on the availability of the intern and needs of the department.
Can I apply to more than 1 internship?
If you feel that you are eligible and interested in more than one position, please indicate this in your cover letter. You will need to apply to each internship separately at jobs.lucasfilm.com.
How can I check on the status of my application?
We will confirm with you that we have received your application materials. Due to the volume of submissions we receive, we are unable to check the individual status of each application. We will let all applicants know of our final decisions by the beginning of May.
Is the internship paid?
Yes, all internships are paid!
Are internships available only during the summer?
The majority of our internships are available during the summer. We have internships that are available at other times during the year, and they are posted on our website when they become available.
Is housing or relocation provided?
Unfortunately, we can not provide housing to interns at this time. However, we do provide a variety of resources to assist interns with locating housing. We provide a one-time only transportation stipend to interns who live more than 50 miles away from our campuses.
Are the internships full-time?
Yes, all summer internships are full-time, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Who should I list as my 3 references for the application?
We require that you provide us with the contact information for 3 people who can vouch for your academic, work-related and/or community-based experience and achievements. References should know you well enough to speak about the qualities that make you a great candidate.
Is there any opportunity to be hired on full-time after completing my internship?
We want our interns to complete their schooling first and foremost. If an intern's overall performance has been outstanding, then after they graduate, we revisit intern candidates depending on the needs of each division.
Do you provide tours to the public?
Unfortunately, we are not able to provide tours of our studio to the public.